Wednesday, June 18, 2014

un semaine et comptage

one week & counting


It's been seven days since I created my to-do list, and I haven't checked off quite as much as I would like. Since my French has not improved at all, I've implanted the task of writing my post titles in French to help me pick up on key words and phrases! Don't worry, if you're not a read-between-the-lines kind of person (tsk tsk), I will still include the translation within the post.

Despite my lack-ofs over the past few days, I did manage to accomplish a couple items on my list. I  ended an amazing year with a fantastic group of students and said bittersweet goodbyes to talented colleagues. This was followed up with a casual "Au Revoir" party with family and friends. who I am so appreciative of! I also started on a quick packing list. Quick as in I got through four items before becoming distracted with all that Amazon has to offer the 24-year-old jet setter. Did you know you could get an entire carry-on organizer built around your travel needs?

My Parisian thought book (thanks to a fellow traveler and teacher friend) has some other developing lists: 

Addresses for postcard recipients, if you'd like to be added let me know!
Things to do on the plane, any book/movie/series suggestions are much appreciated.
Errands to run before time is out.
Questions to ask my landlord about getting around, our vicinity, and our apartment, which then ties back to my packing list. Do I need to bring my own iron?? 


And here we have the extent of my accomplished packing... 




No comments:

Post a Comment