Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bienvenue!

Welcome!

This post may be a little late in my trip, but I figured some people may want to see the place I've been calling home this summer!

The small rue where my apartment is. 
The view down the street.
This is the view of the apartment when you first walk in the door.
I am most commonly found sprawled out on the rug, using the low
coffee table to hold my computer, notebook, or even my dinner!
I hardly ever sit on the couch. Actually, if I hadn't cleaned before this picture,
you would find our school supplies taking up most of the cushions.

When you turn to the left, you can find our small, but quaint, kitchen area.
Hiding behind the refrigerator is the dishwasher and toaster oven.
Notice the lack of conventional oven! 


Once you walk through the apartment, you can turn and see the doorway,
through which we just entered. I love that our host/landlord decided to hide the
ugly steel with the happy yellow curtain. To the far left is the only full-length mirror,
which Lindsay and I are constantly battling (in a friendly roomie way) over space to use.

Here is the lovely closet, I mean bathroom, that houses le toilette, some medicine,
and your occasional classic reads. The lightswitch, located in the hallway,
also triggers a continuous angry screech, so we try to keep it off as often
as possible. The rest of the bathroom is in a separate room off to the right.
Of course, no French shower would be authentic if the spout wasn't handheld. I've
become quite talented at the one-handed scrub! 

Above the kitchen, you can find our little loft area, which also counts as
Lindsay's mezzanine crib. It's a relaxing little nook where she can often be
found sleeping, reading, or hanging out in her hammock.

A close up view of Lindsay's peaceful mezzanine.



Last but not least, my own sleeping quarter. Yes, I am a twenty-four year old
that travels with my stuffed panda. My Mommom gave it to me when I was a little
girl and now I have taken it everywhere I go: college, vacation, Tanzania, and now Paris.
As much as I adore Lindsay's loft, I am a person that needs a quiet getaway once in a while,
where I can take a break from the chaotic city life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment