Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Étudiant

Student


This week started the beginning of our course to become certified in TEFL. Coming into this trip, we really didn't know what to expect from this course, simply that it would take place 9-6, Monday through Friday. However, upon our first day, we learned that the schedule will actually be quite different than what we expected. We will have blocked time for teaching French volunteers the English language and culture. When others in our course are teaching, we will have independent study time to complete our other work. Also, it turns out, we will not meet most Fridays, which benefits our plans to do a bit of weekend traveling!

First day of classes!


The course instructor, Anton Bonnici, is charismatic and passionate about the material. One foundation of teaching I have learned through my experiences is that you cannot fake your enthusiasm. Students, of all ages, can sniff out a phony. Mr. Bonnici is certainly no phony when it comes to teaching this course. Even though I am only a few days into my course, I highly recommend the TEFL course offered at the Paris American Academy. I am truly interested to see the skills I learn over the next few weeks and how I can apply them to teaching back in the states.

Speaking of teaching back in the states, I am excited to announce that I was offered a position at an amazing district outside of Philadelphia! I feel as though my desire to become apart of so many cultures helps me stand out and also gives me a huge boost of confidence in interviews. The experiences I have worked so hard for, and have paid a lot of money for, are truly paying off in so many ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment